Hi Friends and Family,
The Boston Bulldogs Running Club’s mission is to provide an anonymous and safe community of support for anyone adversely affected by addiction – including those in recovery, their families and friends, the clinical community, and the community at large. Michael Ferullo is the founder of the Boston Bulldogs, a running club first established in 2008 at the HopeFound Shelter at the Shattuck Hospital. In 2012, the Pine Street Inn adopted the running program for residents of the shelter, and in 2015, the Bulldogs Running Club was established as an independent 501c3 nonprofit organization to serve a broader community of individuals in recovery, or anyone impacted by addiction.
The Club welcomes and encourages runners and walkers of all levels and promotes wellness in recovery through wellness and social programs, outreach, partnerships, and broader awareness and education -- an integrated approach to wellness and self-leadership in recovery on a journey to discover the kind-hearted warrior and true potential within each of us. Programs supported by donations include:
- Group runs in Cleveland Circle, Plymouth, Scituate and South Boston
- Club members run/walk as a team at local road races and with other running clubs. Individualized coaching and wellness mentoring is available to Club members who wish to set wellness goals.
- Sponsored memberships and assistance with running gear, race fees, access to wellness programs and day-to-day support for moving forward in recovery are available
- A Full Circle program for those willing to commit to a training program with a specific running goal and to paying it forward as part of their commitment, including stipends and support programs for Full Circle program participants
- Support for Junior Bulldogs members and programs, piloted at the Italian Home for Children
- Giving Back program reaching out to homeless and addicted populations in local communities
- Education and awareness-building campaigns to promote wellness in recovery through Wellness seminars, community-building activities and programs, and social activities
- An annual Run for Recovery 5K and Tribute to commemorate those who have been lost to addiction, and to raise awareness and support for all those adversely affected by addiction
For more information about The Bulldogs Running Club programs, events and activities, please visit our website: https://www.bostonbulldogsrunning.com/