- Please Support My Volunteer Project in Kasese, Uganda
- My name is Dan Davis and I have been selected by Photographers Without Borders to travel to Kasese, Uganda in October of 2018 to document the work of Luhwahwa Youth Development Foundation (LUYODFO).
- This is the second project I will be photographing for Photographers Without Borders. I originally traveled to Kisumu, Kenya to work with an organization that provided HIV/AIDS education through soccer. Some of those images can be seen above.
- LUYODFO is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that provides support to marginalized communities across the Rwenzori region of western Uganda. LUYODEFO is committed to ending social exclusion and discrimination; creating networks for children, youth, and women; increasing access to development services; and empowering all people to reach their potential and take responsibility for their development.
- My photographs will be donated to LUYODFO to raise awareness about their amazing work in Uganda and bring awareness and donations to their existing projects.
- Photographers Without Borders
- Photographers Without Borders matches small charities and NGOs worldwide with visual storytellers who use their lens to bring a cause into focus. I'll be offering my services to LUYODFO completely free of charge.
- Photographers Without Borders: http://www.photographerswithoutborders.org/
- More about Dan Davis
- I am a freelance photographer living in Colorado.I decided to pursue a career in photography after my Peace Corps service in Cameroon, Africa.Since this time I have been perfecting my skills as a photographer and staying involved in social issues.Whether during my Peace Corps experience, traveling abroad in developing countries or at home, the needs of children have always tugged at my heart strings.I believe underserved youth need to be given every advantage to achieve a life filled with love and success.
- Getting Involved
- Your donations will help to cover my travel to Kasese, Uganda to document the work of LUYODFO.The funds will defer the cost of my program fees, airfare, transportation, visa, vaccines and travel medical insurance.All surplus funds will go directly to LUYODFO.
- Please make a secure online donation. On behalf of LUYODFO and myself I thank you for your support.
- Many Thanks,
Changing worlds with photography.
Donors like you have helped photographers fundraise 100% of project-related costs since 2014!
Every year, our photographers and videographers donate hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of their time to document the work of grassroots initiatives that are making a real change in this world where it is most needed. By capturing, honouring and witnessing humanity at its best, we are not only inspiring many, but we are forging new narratives of what is and what is possible.
You can help by supporting our photographers and videographers (See the side bar to the right to see fundraisers for our most recent recruits).
Each of our official photographers/videographers is assigned a GroupRev fundraising page by PWB upon acceptance. These pages are a privilege we offer that are intended to make our programs accessible to all and enable our volunteer photographers/videographers to raise their program fees and subsidize or cover these necessary project-related expenses:
- Health Insurance
- Travel Insurance
The following expenses are the sole responsibility of the photographer/videographer:
- Privately arranged travel / Equipment & Equipment Insurance / Software / Extra Baggage Fees / Donation perks / Clothing / Postage/Postcard / Prints / Etc.
Photographers Without Borders® (PWB) envisions a world where we all put ourselves in each others' shoes and work together. Our mission is to inform and inspire positive change by visually communicating the ways that grassroots initiatives are addressing problems in their communities. PWB is registered as a charity in the United States with 501(c)(3) status and is registered as a not-for-profit organization in Canada. All donations are calculated in US Dollars and are tax-deductible for Americans and Canadians with US income.
PWB is not responsible for any donations made outside of these pages.
Any overage amounts raised on GroupRev will be donated and disbursed 50/50, between the photographer's/videographer's assigned cause and PWB, which is also a volunteer-run organization.
PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY !
All donations are calculated in US Dollars and are tax-deductible for Americans and Canadians with US income.
Glad to support you and the cause, my friend!
Good luck Danny!
|Pete and Kim|
|An old friend|
Bret C. Hooper
Don’t forget your flash on the dark continent
The Paint Bucket
Anne Marie Hukriede
Dan, what amazing work you do out there in the World! I can't wait to see the final product - Good Luck!
Bobby Jenny Ella and Anja Murphy
This is amazing Dan!! Good luck with your fundraising, we are proud to help you and this mission. Lot so love from Vermont
You do great work and make the world a better place. Thank you for telling the stories the world needs to hear through your work.
Dan you are amazing!! Thank you for your service :)
Nice work Danny D. Can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos.
Hi Dan, Thanks for making a difference. All the best on your trip. Kris
Sounds like an incredible experience, can't wait to hear how it goes! Brooke and Doug