People may think I am crazy for wanting to fall off the side of a building, but...
I am excited to be apart of Heartland YFC 's first ever Over The Edge event in downtown Cedar Rapids on Saturday, August 19th. I will be going over the edge of the historic Iowa Building to support YFC's mission to reach at-risk youth in Cedar Rapids.
YFC follows a great mission to support the community I live and work in and I am proud to assist such a great cause! There are so many kids out there that just need a little helping hand and I want to be apart of that!
YFC's website showed me:
In Linn County...
- 53% of all 6th-12th-grade students have been bullied
- 20% live in single family homes
- 25% of all 6th-12th-grade students lack self-confidence
- 12% of all 6th-12th-grade students have thought about suicide; 6% have come up with a plan to take their life; 3% have attempted to take their life
- 51% of all 6th-12th-grade students feel their neighborhoods don't support them
- 39% of all 6th-12th-grade students don't hold positive values
- 28% of 11th graders don't feel they have a happy home or that an adult supports them at home
Please consider helping me to help the community by giving to my Over the Edge fundraiser!
I have added a couple of videos from past events that might give you a better idea of what I will be doing to help YFC, enjoy!