Hi Family & friends,
I watched this inspirational and touching documentary movie early in March, and ever since then, I could not stop but keep thinking about how I can be part of any help for Pester Lee and his family to save the babies.
I have two daughters of my own, and it was not easy to meet these two beautiful souls. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, that was my third pregnancy; I had one ectopic pregnancy and one miscarriage of twins. It is not fair that those babies had no choice but only were to be abandoned because of someone else's choice. I was shocked after seeing how many innocent babies are being abandoned every day. Maybe it was because I am from South Korea, some of the places in the film looked familiar and it was really happening.
What have those beautiful babies done to be abandoned!? I started crying with pain in my heard shortly after the movie started. I screamed in my mind asking God why, why those little babies are suffering and what I should do to be any part of help for their ministry. After witnessing Pester Lee and his family’s sacrifices and heroic efforts, I got this urge to do something/anything for them. Now I am hoping that you feel the same, and you can help, too.
One person can make a difference
The Drop Box tells the story of Lee Jong-rak and his heroic efforts to embrace and protect the most vulnerable children in his city. This brave South Korean pastor installed a drop box on the outside wall of his home in order to welcome babies who would otherwise be abandoned on the streets. As a result, hundreds of babies have been saved.
Learn more about how God is using Pastor Lee to save these precious children and the amazing story behind the making of The Drop Box.
Could that person be you?
Your heart tells you to do something to help – you don’t want to forget and move on – but really, what can one person do?
Here’s how to get involved:
- Pray! Pray for orphans and pray for those seeking to adopt. As you lift them before the Lord, follow the guidance of Philippians 4:6 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer…let your requests be made known to God.”
- Give! Your donation to the Global Orphan Care Fund will help support Pastor Lee’s work in Korea, and provide funds for Focus on the Family’s efforts to help orphans here in the United States through our Wait No More program.
- Share! Use the links provided to share this story on Facebook, Twitter, email – wherever you connect with your friends, help connect them to this cause. You can even set up your own fundraising campaign. Click here to create your own page – it is quick and easy!
- Bring the film to your church! Sign up now for information on how to bring The Drop Box film to your church. This is a great way to raise awareness of this critical worldwide crisis with family, friends and others who need to hear this message.
- Welcome them home! God may be calling you to provide temporary care or a permanent home for an orphan. If you are feeling God’s call, you can get involved by clicking here (iCareAboutOrphans.org) or here to learn more.
Do something today …
Too often our good intentions get lost in the clutter of life. Don’t let that happen today. There are millions of orphans worldwide – one of them needs you. Please do something today before you leave this page.
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” (James 1:27, NIV)
Thanks for giving me an opportunity to help abandoned babies even though it's a small support. When I saw his story on TV, I was also in great sorrow. I believe your pray and contribution would be a huge help for Paster Lee and his family. I'll also pray for them and babies.
하늘동화님덕에 이렇게 도움이 될 수 있다니 너무 좋은데요. 저도 영화 꼭 보고싶네요. 영화를 본건 아니지만 벌써부터 마음이 먹먹하고.. 아려오네요...